The Family Moore

The Family Moore

Monday, July 22, 2013

Our Foster/Adopt Opportunity

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts about our recent foster/adoption opportunity.  After a lot of praying and soul-searching we decided that the time was not right for us to take custody of the two boys we had been approached about. 

We were surprised at how quickly we were matched with exactly what we were looking for.  We spent several weeks (as you know) praying and asking ourselves if we could do it.  We spent that time trying to fit what we wanted into what God’s plan for us was and, last week after a heart-to-heart talk with one another, came to the conclusion that, for many reasons, the timing was not right, and it was not in the best interest of the two boys for them to come live with us.

We did not agree on what we should do, and so we gave it to God.  We were looking for an answer and a real peace.  We prayed that God would change one of our hearts so that we could make the decision that He wanted us to make, and that’s exactly what He did.  It was a difficult decision to make, but we have received a real peace about it, and that’s the confirmation we needed to know that we made the right decision.

We have not ruled-out visiting with the boys, nor have we ruled-out eventually considering them for adoption after they are eligible but, for now, we have asked DHR to continue to look for a match for us.

Again, thank you for your kind words of support and many prayers.