The Family Moore

The Family Moore

Monday, July 22, 2013

Our Foster/Adopt Opportunity

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts about our recent foster/adoption opportunity.  After a lot of praying and soul-searching we decided that the time was not right for us to take custody of the two boys we had been approached about. 

We were surprised at how quickly we were matched with exactly what we were looking for.  We spent several weeks (as you know) praying and asking ourselves if we could do it.  We spent that time trying to fit what we wanted into what God’s plan for us was and, last week after a heart-to-heart talk with one another, came to the conclusion that, for many reasons, the timing was not right, and it was not in the best interest of the two boys for them to come live with us.

We did not agree on what we should do, and so we gave it to God.  We were looking for an answer and a real peace.  We prayed that God would change one of our hearts so that we could make the decision that He wanted us to make, and that’s exactly what He did.  It was a difficult decision to make, but we have received a real peace about it, and that’s the confirmation we needed to know that we made the right decision.

We have not ruled-out visiting with the boys, nor have we ruled-out eventually considering them for adoption after they are eligible but, for now, we have asked DHR to continue to look for a match for us.

Again, thank you for your kind words of support and many prayers.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Opening our Home and Hearts. Again.

We decided early this year that we were going to begin the process of adopting a little brother for Zach and Sean.  We started the paperwork, had our fingerprints taken again and turned in everything in late March.  It took two months for the fingerprints to clear (better than last time) and now we're ready to go.

Our social worker is filing our completed paperwork today for us to be approved to adopt again. Please pray with and for us that our new child(ren) are safe and will come home soon. We have decided to look for a boy or two brothers younger than Sean (11).

We have already been looking (, have seen some possibilities and have heard some exciting things but nothing can happen until we are approved. We should be approved by mid-July.

We are also upgrading our availability from straight adoption to foster-to-adopt legal-risk children. What this means is we are willing to accept placement of kids who are not yet able to be adopted (because termination of parental rights (TPR) have not yet been completed) but the kids are going through that process. This makes us a foster home.

Pray that OUR child(ren) are placed with us. We don't mind waiting for TPR but we just don't want us or the boys to be heart-broken because a child placed with us returns to someone in their birth family.